Exciting news! This August, my family is moving from New York to beautiful North Carolina. These past few months have been filled with lots of packing, garage sales, and other assorted craziness as we prepare for this new adventure. John keeps saying, “I hope the moving truck is big enough” while I keep finding more photo albums that I want to keep. 🙂
If you’ve ever moved before, you know how stressful the moving process can be. Eating right, keeping up with my fitness routine, and minimizing as much stress as possible has been important to help me keep up my stamina and not get overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done.
One thing is for sure. When your life’s turned upside down, you usually don’t want to spend extra time in the kitchen. But you also probably don’t want to have to keep ordering out when you’re eating keto and low-carb. It’s good to have quick, simple, delicious recipes to turn to so you can keep enjoying home cooked meals.
This Keto chicken Piccata is one of my favorites for those busy days. It’s a super low-carb twist on an easy family favorite. Ready in just 25 minutes!
Buttery, lemony chicken in a delicious broth topped with capers. Yum.
Here’s the quick easy keto chicken piccata recipe.
Tenderize the chicken breasts with a meat pounder.
Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat avocado oil and butter in a large, sauté pan over a medium-high heat.
Add the chicken breasts and sauté them on the first side for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Flip the chicken over and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken to a separate serving platter and set aside.
Add your broth and bring to a boil. Scrape up the bits of brown on the bottom of the pan to incorporate them in the sauce. Stir in some lemon juice and capers and return the chicken to the pan. Simmer about 2 minutes more. Now transfer the chicken to the platter again.
Whisk in some butter and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with parsley, and dinner is ready!
I hope you enjoy this keto chicken piccata as much as we do. 🙂
This week, I had to say goodbye to my family’s well-loved pine dining table where we’ve gathered for many meals and holiday feasts. All the food on the blog was savored at that table — including this chicken piccata. So many wonderful memories!
Yes, moving is bittersweet. But the time has come for us to leave New York. I’m looking forward to a milder climate and exploring new places as we make a home in North Carolina (and also sharing new recipes with you from my new kitchen!).
Hope you have a happy and healthy week.
Love this recipe? Save it on Pinterest!
- 2 lbs. thin sliced chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- ½ cup chicken broth (store bought or homemade)
- ¼ cup drained capers, rinsed
- parsley for garnish
- Pound chicken with a meat tenderizer.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with 2 tablespoons avocado oil oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and transfer to plate. Repeat, adding more oil and butter as needed, until all the chicken is cooked.
- Add the lemon juice, broth and capers to the same pan. Bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to sauce and whisk vigorously.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
- Keto Chicken Piccata - August 3, 2018
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018
- Low-Carb Meatball Parmesan For A Quick Easy Dinner - February 23, 2018