Gluten free chicken piccata is easy enough for a weeknight meal and elegant enough to serve to company.
The chicken is sliced, dredged in gluten free flour, sautéed, and served in a sauce containing capers (especially wonderful when they’re paired with lemon and butter).
This Italian chicken is sure to please everyone at your table.
So What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gluten Free Chicken Piccata?
- thin sliced chicken breasts
- Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour for dredging
- extra-virgin olive oil
- gluten free chicken broth
- and parsley
How To Make Chicken Piccata
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
First, tenderize the chicken breasts with a meat pounder.
Next season your chicken with salt and pepper and then dredge the chicken in flour and shake off the excess.
Now melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet. When the butter and oil start to sizzle, add your chicken. When the chicken is browned, flip and cook on the other side. Transfer to plate. Repeat, adding more oil and butter as needed, until all the chicken is cooked.
Now for the sauce.
Add the lemon juice, broth and capers to the same pan. Bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
Next return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
Then transfer chicken to a serving platter.
Finally, add more butter to the sauce, whisk vigorously and simmer as all the flavors mingle together.
Then pour your sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley.
And that’s it. I hope you enjoy your homemade chicken piccata as much as we do. Serve with your favorite vegetables and gluten-free pasta or rice. Buon appetito.
MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS:
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER? PIN IT!
Gluten Free Chicken Piccata
- Tenderize the chicken breasts with a meat pounder. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and transfer to plate. Repeat, adding more oil and butter as needed, until all the chicken is cooked.
- Add the lemon juice, gf broth and capers to the same pan. Bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to sauce and whisk vigorously.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.