Particularly when you are in the midst of a very busy day, chicken piccata is a quick, flavorful, and easy to prepare dish. The chicken is sliced, dredged in gluten free flour, sauteed, and served in a sauce containing capers (especially wonderful when they’re paired with lemon and butter). This Italian chicken is sure to please everyone at your table.
Gluten Free Chicken Piccata
- 2 lbs. thin sliced chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour for dredging
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice from about 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup Pacific chicken broth
- 1/4 cup drained capers rinsed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and transfer to plate. Repeat, adding more oil and butter as needed, until all the chicken is cooked.
- Add the lemon juice, gf broth and capers to the same pan. Bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to sauce and whisk vigorously.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
Thanks for stopping by. Please stay and leave a comment below (comments are awesome 🙂 ).