Your family is sure to love this wonderful chicken dish. It’s a huge favorite with my family and close friends. They can’t believe it’s gluten free! The combination of herbs and wine is mouthwatering delicious.
The marinade is both blended and heated in the Vitamix. Incredibly, Vitamix is so much more than a blender.
Make this tonight. I think you’re going to love it.
Gluten Free Homestead Chicken
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tblsp powdered sugar or your favorite sugar substitute; I use Stevia
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1 1/2 tblsp Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tblsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tblsp chopped green onion
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 lbs. - 3 lbs. thin-sliced chicken breasts I make plenty because everyone is sure to want leftovers the next day
- Prepare marinade:
- Combine egg yolks, salt, sugar and lemon juice in Vitamix or blender.
- Slowly pour in 1 cup of oil, a few drops at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of oil a little faster, carefully blending about 1 minute.
- Mix the flour, mustard, water, vinegar, paprika, and garlic powder together in a bowl until smooth. Add to mixture in Vitamix and heat on "Hot Soup" setting. (If you don't have a Vitamix, pour into a small saucepan and cook until thickened, and then add hot, thickened sauce to mixture in blender and blend for another minute).
- Stir in wine, garlic cloves, green onion, basil and thyme.
- Prepare chicken breasts:
- Pour marinade over chicken in a shallow glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Broil marinated chicken:
- Place chicken in several batches on a greased broiler pan being careful not to crowd the pan. Broil 4-6 minutes on each side brushing frequently with marinade.
- Approximate Preparation time: 20 minutes plus refrigerating
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment below.