Chicken Fingers are not just for kids anymore. These gluten-free crispy chicken fingers will please everyone at your table.
When eating out in restaurants, the chicken fingers are usually cooked in a shared frier and coated in a batter. Definitely not gluten-free. And, of course, they’re deep fried in a huge vat of oil. Not so good for your health.
Here’s a healthy tip for frying at home. I like to fry them in avocado oil. Refined avocado oil is highly nutritious and loaded with antioxidants. Read all about its health benefits here and here. It’s very heat stable with one of the highest smoke points making it one of the best possible oils for frying.
Whether you use avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil, you don’t need to have a high flame. Just keep the flame on medium and make sure the oil doesn’t start to smoke.
Want your chicken fingers really crispy? Coat them in Panko style gluten free bread crumbs (Japan’s secret ingredient for crunch). The taste is fantastic; you can’t tell they’re gluten-free.
These crispy chicken fingers are such a delicious treat and safely gluten-free. Enjoy!
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Combine gf flour, paprika and salt, in a seperate bowl.
- Place gf Panko style bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip cutlets in flour mixture, then in egg mixture, then in crumbs.
- Heat oil in a heavy 10-12 inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmery and fragrant, but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes on each side, adding more oil if necessary. Drain on paper towels. Pair with gf honey mustard salad dressing, gf barbecue sauce or ketchup.
Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a tip for cooking for food allergies? Please tell me in the comments below.
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018
- Low-Carb Meatball Parmesan For A Quick Easy Dinner - February 23, 2018
- Bursting With Flavor: 50 Low-Carb And Gluten-Free Recipes Designed To Delight Your Tastebuds - January 25, 2018