Envision mounds of spaghetti, fork twirling strands in a spoon, tasty meatballs, topped with red sauce and all gluten free. For the best tasting pasta, try Sams Mills pasta d’oro.
Ready to make them? Let’s go.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Whisk together egg, parsley, onion, ketchup, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to blend. Stir in parmesan cheese and gluten-free breadcrumbs. Then mix in ground beef.
Shape into meatballs. Not too tightly. You want to lightly roll them between your hands to form a ball that feels like it will just hold together.
Then either fry your meatballs in oil and brown them well on all sides over medium-low heat or broil them, as I do.
Finally, transfer the meatballs to your sauce, cover, and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through.
Serve them hot over cooked gluten-free spaghetti topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
More meatball recipes
Gluten Free Swedish Meatballs – Swedish Meatballs are small meatballs traditionally served with gravy. These Swedish Meatballs are cooked on your stove-top using gluten-free ingredients.
Gluten Free Traditional Meatballs – My friend’s grandmother gave me her traditional meatball recipe. Here’s my gluten-free version of the recipe.
Poached Gluten Free And Low Carb Meatballs – These are probably the fastest and easiest meatballs you’ll ever make.
Gluten Free Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 8 ounces of Sams Mills GF spaghetti cook according to package
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free Marinara sauce homemade or store bought
- For Meatballs:
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Shar’s bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground beef
- Prepare Meatballs
- Whisk the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese and GF breadcrumbs. Mix in the beef. Shape into meatballs.
- Either fry meatballs in oil and brown them well on all sides over medium-low heat, turning carefully about 10 minutes or broil, as I do, for 5 minutes on each side.
- Then transfer the meatballs to sauce, cover, and simmer on the lowest heat for 25 to 30 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve hot over cooked GF spaghetti and pass the grated Parmesan.