Gluten free spaghetti with clam sauce takes just twenty minutes to prepare. It’s a great weeknight meal when you need to make dinner in a pinch.
This is my gluten free version of the Italian classic: spaghetti alle vongole. Spaghetti with briny clam sauce, white wine, and lots of garlic is light yet intensely flavorful.
And when you make it with gluten free spaghetti, everyone at your table can enjoy it.
Spaghetti is complimented beautifully by the homemade clam sauce. Clams are a wonderful source of Vitamin A, B12, selenium, magnesium, iron, and omega-3.
The clam sauce turns spaghetti into an elegant dish for any special occasion.
With only 8 ingredients plus salt and pepper, this meal comes together in a snap.
- minced clams with juice
- white wine
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- and parmesan cheese
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post
It’s hard to believe how quick and easy the sauce is to make. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until golden.
Then add the clams and white wine, simmering until slightly thickened, just five minutes, before adding salt, pepper, parsley, and butter.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil, with some salt and oil. Add gluten free spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse the spaghetti. Toss with clam sauce and top with grated parmesan cheese.
Pro tips and recipe notes
- Today I used spaghetti from Sam Mills pasta d’oro. We also like the taste of Tinkyada. Or go with your favorite spaghetti.
That’s it. With that wonderful garlicky aroma that is so mouthwatering, this is an easy elegant meal. Enjoy!
Love pasta? Try these recipes
Pasta recipe collection– this is a quick link to all my pasta recipes
Turkey tetrazzini: a delicious combination of spaghetti and turkey in butter cream sauce. It’s so good.
Classic Italian Lasagna: This is one of the most popular recipes on my blog with a step by step guide, lots of photos and tips.
Love this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Spaghetti with Clam Sauce
- 16 oz. package of gluten-free spaghetti cook according to package
- 2 6.5 ounce cans minced clams with juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Bring pot of water to a boil, with about 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Add gf spaghetti and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat oil over a medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until golden. Add clams with the juice and the wine and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add drained pasta, salt, pepper, parsley and butter to the sauce. Toss and top with grated parmesan cheese.