Gluten free spaghetti with clam sauce takes just twenty minutes to prepare. It’s a great weeknight meal when you need to make dinner in a pinch.
This is my gluten free version of the Italian classic: spaghetti alle vongole. Spaghetti with briny clam sauce, white wine, and lots of garlic is light yet intensely flavorful.
And when you make it with gluten free spaghetti, everyone at your table can enjoy it.
Spaghetti is complimented beautifully by the homemade clam sauce. Clams are a wonderful source of Vitamin A, B12, selenium, magnesium, iron, and omega-3.
The clam sauce turns spaghetti into an elegant dish for a cozy family dinner or when hosting a special occasion. This dish promises to be a crowd-pleaser.
Links are affiliate links which means I will earn a small commission if you buy the item at no extra cost to you.
With only 8 ingredients plus salt and pepper, this gluten free spaghetti with clam sauce is a meal that comes together in a snap.
- Gluten free spaghetti – Today I used spaghetti from Sam Mills pasta d’oro. We also like the taste of Tinkyada. Or go with your favorite spaghetti.
- Minced clams with juice – Canned clams offer convenience and affordability in this recipe.
- White wine – A crisp and dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc, complements the flavors of the clam sauce.
- Extra-virgin olive oil – Sauté your garlic in oil. And along with salt, include oil in the pot when boiling your spaghetti.
- Fresh garlic – Slice the garlic thinly to increase its surface area, intensifying the flavor when sautéed in oil.
- Parsley, salt, and pepper – Chopped parsley adds freshness, while salt and pepper season and enhance the flavor of the clam sauce.
- Cold butter – Finish the sauce with cold butter that slowly melts as it adds extra richness. This is a French technique called “monter au beurre”.
- Fresh parmesan cheese – Grated cheese is optional if you’d like to sprinkle it on top.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post
It’s hard to believe how quick and easy the sauce is to make.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat ensuring it reaches a moderate temperature to prevent the garlic from burning. Add the sliced garlic and cook until it turns golden.
Then add the clams and white wine, simmering until slightly thickened, just five minutes, before adding salt, pepper, and parsley.
Finally, vigorously whisk in your cold butter.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil, with some salt and oil. Add gluten free spaghetti and cook according to package directions.
To prevent your spaghetti from clumping together, include oil and salt in the boiling water. Stir the noodles and use a fork to separate them until they no longer adhere. Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain and rinse it with water.
Then toss with your clam sauce and serve with lemon wedges to add a refreshing zest.
- A cup of easy minestrone soup would be a delicious starter to whet the appetite.
- Serve with crusty gluten free quick garlic bread to mop up the delicious clam sauce.
- A light salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a lemon vinaigrette would be a refreshing contrast to the richness of the clam sauce.
- Bacon wrapped asparagus or sautéed broccoli can add a savory dimension to the meal.
- Or create an antipasto platter with cured meats, olives, and marinated vegetables for a diverse and satisfying spread.
Pro tips and recipe notes
Can I make the sauce in advance? Yes, you can prepare the clam sauce in advance, but it’s best to cook the pasta just before serving. Reheat the sauce gently, and mix it with freshly cooked pasta for the best taste and texture.
Can I make a spicy version of spaghetti with clam sauce? Absolutely! Add red pepper flakes or even a pinch of cayenne pepper to the sauce if you prefer it spicier. Adjust the heat level according to your taste.
What type of pasta works best with clam sauce? Gluten free spaghetti is a classic choice, but you can also use linguine or fettuccine. The key is to choose a pasta shape that can hold the sauce well.
How can I make the dish more nutritious? Consider adding chopped fresh tomatoes or spinach to the sauce for added vitamins and nutrients.
How can I store leftovers? Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Indulge in the delightful flavors that come together in this easy yet elegant meal. The aromatic essence of garlic permeates the dish, creating a mouthwatering experience that ignites the senses.
As you savor each bite, relish the simplicity of preparation coupled with the sophisticated taste, making this gluten free spaghetti with clam sauce a memorable and enjoyable meal. Bon appétit!
Love pasta? Try these recipes
Pasta recipe collection– this is a quick link to all my pasta recipes
Turkey tetrazzini: a delicious combination of spaghetti and turkey in butter cream sauce. It’s so good.
Classic Italian Lasagna: This is one of the most popular recipes on my blog with a step by step guide, lots of photos and tips.
Fast, Flavorful, and Gluten Free: Sweet Italian Sausage and Farfalle Pasta: This recipe is a winner for an easy dinner or pack and go lunch.
Love this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Spaghetti with Clam Sauce
- 16 ounces package of gluten free spaghetti cook according to package
- 2 6.5 ounce cans minced clams with juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Bring pot of water to a boil, with about 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Add gf spaghetti and cook according to package directions.16 ounces package of gluten free spaghetti
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat oil over a medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until golden. Then add clams with the juice and the wine and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.2 6.5 ounce cans minced clams with juice, 1/2 cup white wine, 4 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add salt, pepper, and parsley. Then whisk your cold butter into the sauce. Add drained pasta. Toss and serve with lemon wedges.1/4 cup chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 22 Keto Recipes With Ground Beef - January 29, 2024
- Au Jus Gravy Recipe (Low Carb) - December 22, 2023
- 8 Best Keto Snacks - November 26, 2023
- Crispy Salami Chips Recipe - November 21, 2023
- How To Make Caprese Salad: A Classic Italian Appetizer - November 17, 2023