After enjoying a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and then feasting on the leftovers for several days, I knew that my family was in need of something especially healthy to start off the week. Yesterday, I tossed together an extra big salad for lunch and decided to try something new with the dressing. My final creation was this beautiful apple cider vinaigrette: one hundred percent gluten free and one hundred percent nourishing to your body.
I’ve been using Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with olive oil as a dressing on my salads for several years. Raw apple cider vinegar has a host of health benefits from improving digestion to alleviating heartburn to maintaining healthy skin. Despite its acidic taste, raw apple cider vinegar alkalizes the body, balancing your pH, to help you fight off disease and inflammation.
I especially like Bragg’s because it contains the “mother” of the vinegar: strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria.
To soften the sharp taste of the apple cider vinegar, I also added several special ingredients to my dressing: garlic, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. I love the gluten free, organic Dijon mustard made by Annie’s Homegrown with its French country flavor and gourmet taste. Yum.
My final salad dressing concoction was a lively blend of mustard with a hint of tang from the vinegar. It was the perfect way to add a little zest to the salad greens.
Can it be true? Yes, yes! Some things that are delicious are also quite good for you too.
This tasty dressing will give you that much-needed energy boost to start your week and will also help supercharge your immune system in the winter months.
Have a happy and healthy week!
Salad recipes you may like
Gluten Free Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Combine all of the ingredients in a jar, cover and shake until well combined.
- Sweeten with Stevia if you prefer your dressing a little sweet.
- Spoon over your favorite salad and toss.
- Philly Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps - September 25, 2020
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers - September 24, 2020
- 10-Minute Cucumber Bites (With Three Amazing Toppings) - September 5, 2020
- Unstuffed Cabbage (Low Carb) - August 3, 2020
- Keto Low Carb Coleslaw - July 22, 2020