Gluten free turkey tetrazzini is a delicious combination of spaghetti and turkey in butter cream sauce; a great way to use up turkey leftovers. It’s so good.
Thanksgiving wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without the turkey. And one thing’s for sure, no matter how many family members and friends crowd around the table or how much we eat, I’ve never been to a Thanksgiving feast where there weren’t lots of leftovers for the next day (or even the whole week!).
And this year is no different. But you can only eat so many turkey sandwiches. Gluten free turkey tetrazzini is a great way to use up turkey leftovers.
Tetrazzini is an American dish named after Italian opera star, Luisa Tetrazzini. The combination of spaghetti and delicious butter cream sauce is certain to receive a standing ovation.
Ready to make gluten free turkey tetrazzini? Here we go.
How To Make Gluten Free Turkey Tetrazzini
Before you begin preheat your oven to 400°F and butter a three-quart casserole dish.
Start by cooking your mushrooms in a large skillet to give the mushrooms plenty of room so that they can brown. Add butter to the skillet and cook your mushrooms, tossing them with a wooden spoon until they’re brown (about 5 minutes). Then set them aside.
Now in a large, heavy saucepan, melt a quarter of a cup of butter. Stir in the flour, and cook the mixture over low heat, whisking constantly for one minute. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in broth until smooth. Then whisk in some milk and heat on a medium flame, whisking constantly, simmering for one minute. Then stir in a little sherry and simmer for one more minute.
Turn off the flame and season with lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mmm. Doesn’t that sound yummy?
Finally, add cooked spaghetti, turkey, and mushrooms to the sauce and toss.
Now transfer the entire mixture to the buttered casserole dish.
Now for the delicious bread crumb topping. Combine parmesan and bread crumbs in a small bowl and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tetrazzini and dot the top with a tablespoon of butter, cut into small pieces.
Pop it in the oven until the sauce is bubbly and the top is golden.
And, voila! It’s ready to serve, warm from the oven. Make this with your leftover turkey (it works well with chicken too!). You’re going to love it.
More Recipes Using Leftovers!
Gluten Free Ham Tetrazzini Casserole This dish is similar to turkey tetrazzini except you’ll add organic cheddar cheese into the cream sauce.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Turkey Tetrazzini
- 12 ounces gluten free spaghetti cook according to package directions
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup + 2 1/2 tblsp. butter
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sherry
- 3 cups leftover turkey cut into bite size pieces
- 3 drops of lemon juice
- 3 pinches of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 1/3 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Cook the mushrooms in 1 1/2 Tblsp. of the butter over medium heat, stirring, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt 1/4 cup of butter. Stir in the flour, and cook the mixture over low heat, whisking constantly for one minute. Remove from the heat.
- Slowly whisk in the broth until smooth.
- Then whisk in the milk and heat on a medium flame, whisking constantly, simmering for one minute. Then stir in the sherry and simmer for one more minute.
- Remove from the heat. Season with lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Add the spaghetti, turkey, and mushrooms to the sauce and toss.
- Transfer the entire mixture to the buttered casserole.
- In a small bowl combine parmesan and bread crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tetrazzini, and dot the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, cut into small pieces.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven until the sauce is bubbly and the top is golden, about 40 minutes.
- How To Cook Bacon In The Oven - July 24, 2019
- Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb) - May 21, 2019
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019