Crunchy baked zucchini chips are an incredibly healthy snack!
Two weeks ago, we shared our recipe for baked zucchini sticks here on the blog. We promised to share another quick and easy zucchini treat, and here it is: crispy Baked Zucchini Chips.
My husband, John, had been craving the tasty pub food he used to be able to enjoy before he switched to a gluten-free diet. Now fried mozzarella sticks and fried zucchini sticks are off-limits.
So we decided to come up with two gluten-free, paleo friendly recipes. To our delight, they were even better than the pub food we remember and much healthier too. Everyone in the family enjoyed them.
In fact, these zucchini chips were a particular favorite of the kids (no leftover vegetables that night!). I can definitely see these being a hit at our upcoming Super Bowl party.
These are so quick and effortless to make.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Just slice up two medium-sized zucchini and toss the slices in a bowl with oil. In another bowl, combine grated Parmesan cheese, gluten-free Panko breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
Dredge both sides of the zucchini slices in the mixture, and then arrange them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Pop in the oven for fifteen minutes. Then broil for four to five minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. It’s very low in calories and is a wonderful source of potassium and Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Manganese (an essential mineral).
With gluten free Ranch dressing as a dipping sauce (we like Annie’s Cowgirl Ranch), these delicious baked zucchini chips are a no-guilt, incredibly healthy snack with just the right amount of Panko crunch and cheesy parmesan.
Love zucchini? Try these recipes
6 Healthy And Delicious Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles) Recipes: Here are my favorite zoodles recipes. They’re so fun to make and very fun to eat too.
Healthy Lemony Marinated Zucchini Salad: Zucchini is delicious raw, especially when it is marinated before being added to a salad.
Zucchini Lasagna Casserole That Really Rocks: This is a delicious low carb meal! And I’ve included a cool cooking video so you can watch how to make it.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Watch how to make it
Baked Zucchini Chips
- 2 medium zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup gluten free Panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush the parchment paper with oil.
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with oil. Combine Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Dredge each round into the Parmesan mixture, on both sides until well coated. Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Then broil until golden, about 4-5 minutes Remove with spatula and serve.
- Gluten Free Baked Ziti Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Dr. Ted Naiman’s P:E Potatoes Au Gratin - August 5, 2022
- Frozen Strawberry Protein Pops - July 28, 2022
- High-Protein Smoothie With Strawberries - July 15, 2022
- Chicken And Broccoli In Gluten Free Stir Fry Sauce - March 25, 2022