Today we’re skipping the taco shells for a low carb twist!
Who doesn’t love a delicious, healthy meal that’s ready in just fifteen minutes?
Tacos are always a great go-to meal on busy days because they come together so quickly. And I love that you can skip the taco shells for a low carb twist. I’ve filled these taco bowls with my favorite taco fillings: spicy beef, spinach and broccoli sprouts, creamy guacamole, sweet tomatoes, and chunky salsa.
Basically, the sky’s the limit on what you can include; whatever your favorite healthy toppings are.
They make a wonderful gluten-free and paleo lunch or dinner.
It’s quick and easy to make the ingredients.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
How to make spicy beef for your taco bowls
First, brown the ground beef with some fresh minced garlic in a skillet. Then drain the grease and add some water with your spices: oregano, paprika, cumin, chili powder, coriander, and salt. Now let that cook until all the flavors have blended together. Finally, splash with some Bragg’s apple cider vinegar and stir.
I use raw apple cider vinegar because it has a host of health benefits from improving digestion to alleviating heartburn to maintaining healthy skin. I especially like Bragg’s because it contains the “mother” of the vinegar: strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria.
How to make homemade guacamole for your taco bowls
To make the guacamole, all you have to do is peel and mash two ripe avocados. Whisk them together with chopped garlic cloves, fresh squeezed lime juice, some chopped cilantro, tomatoes, and salt.
For the salsa, you can choose store bought or follow my super easy salsa recipe that you can make with roasted tomatoes.
Next, just spoon about a quarter of the beef into each bowl. Then, add some broccoli sprouts, guacamole, spinach, tomatoes, and salsa.
Finally, squeeze a little lime juice over all the ingredients in the bowl.
Voilà: healthy and delicious skinny, low carb taco bowls.
Spring is in the air and soon it will be summer. Almost bathing suit season, right? I’m looking to cut carbs that always seem to add extra pounds. These taco bowls fit right into my low carb meal plan. I hope you enjoy these taco bowls with all the taste of tacos without the unnecessary carbs.
If you make a taco bowl, share your snap on Instagram and tag #glutenfreehomestead. I always love seeing your photos.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Skinny Low Carb Taco Bowls
- For spicy beef:
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For guacamole:
- 2 avocado
- 2 large garlic cloves
- juice from half of a lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro leaves
- diced tomatoes optional
- 1/2 cup of Salsa homemade or store bought
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- For spicy beef: Brown ground beef with garlic in a skillet. Then drain the grease. Add water.and spices. Cook until all the flavors have blended together. Finally, splash with vinegar and stir.
- For guacamole: First peel and mash avocados with a fork in a large bowl. Then whisk together with chopped garlic cloves, fresh squeezed lime juice, chopped cilantro, tomatoes. and salt.
- For each bowl: Spoon a quarter of the spicy beef into each bowl. Then, add 2 tablespoons of guacamole, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/4 cup sprouts, 1/4 cup diced tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons of salsa to each bowl. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy.
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019
- Tastiest Low-Carb Keto Stuffed Cabbage - February 28, 2019
- Chicken And Peppers: Olive Oil And Garlic Style - January 2, 2019