Today we’re skipping the taco shells and making skinny taco bowls for a low carb twist!
Who doesn’t love a delicious, healthy meal that’s ready in just fifteen minutes?
Tacos are always a great go-to meal on busy days because they come together so quickly. And I love that you can skip the taco shells for a low carb twist.
I’ve filled these taco bowls with my favorite taco fillings: spicy beef, spinach and broccoli sprouts, creamy guacamole, sweet tomatoes, and chunky salsa.
Basically, the sky’s the limit on what you can include; whatever your favorite healthy toppings are.
They make a wonderful gluten-free and paleo lunch or dinner.
It’s quick and easy to make the ingredients.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
First, brown the ground beef with some fresh minced garlic in a skillet. Then drain the fat and add some water with your spices: oregano, paprika, cumin, chili powder, coriander, and salt.
Now let that cook until all the flavors have blended together. Finally, splash with some Bragg’s apple cider vinegar and stir.
I use raw apple cider vinegar because it has a host of health benefits from improving digestion to alleviating heartburn to maintaining healthy skin.
I especially like Bragg’s because it contains the “mother” of the vinegar: strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria.
To make the guacamole, all you have to do is peel and mash two ripe avocados. Whisk them together with chopped garlic cloves, fresh squeezed lime juice, some chopped cilantro, tomatoes, and salt.
For the salsa, you can choose store bought or follow my super easy salsa recipe that you can make with roasted tomatoes.
Next, just spoon about a quarter of the beef into each bowl. Then, add some broccoli sprouts, guacamole, spinach, tomatoes, and salsa.
Finally, squeeze a little lime juice over all the ingredients in the bowl.
Voilà: healthy and delicious skinny, low carb taco bowls.
Spring is in the air and soon it will be summer. Almost bathing suit season, right? I’m looking to cut carbs that always seem to add extra pounds. These taco bowls fit right into my low carb meal plan.
I hope you enjoy these taco bowls with all the taste of tacos without the unnecessary carbs.
More low-carb recipes you’ll love
Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole – This casserole comes together in a snap and is a great way to use up ham leftovers.
How To Cut And Prepare Spaghetti Squash (Includes video!)
Zucchini Noodles with Basil and Pistachio Pesto (Zoodles) – Tender and subtly crunchy zucchini noodles with pesto is definitely a heavenly combination.
Gluten Free Cauliflower Flatbreads – Serve warm from the skillet and piled with your favorite toppings.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest ones. The ones that require only a handful of fresh ingredients to make a dish that’s elegant and tasty and, yet, so effortless to prepare.
Creamy Cauliflower Mash – You can make cauliflower mash taste just like mashed potatoes. Promise.
Tastiest Low-Carb Keto Stuffed Cabbage – This is one of the most popular recipes on the blog. Try it and see why. 🙂
Salmon Cakes – With the perfect balance of crispy on the outside, moist on the inside these salmon cakes are delicious.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Skinny Low Carb Taco Bowls
- For spicy beef:
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For guacamole:
- 2 avocado
- 2 large garlic cloves
- juice from half of a lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro leaves
- diced tomatoes optional
- 1/2 cup of Salsa homemade or store bought
- Then choose more fillings. For example:
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- For spicy beef: Brown ground beef with garlic in a skillet. Then drain the fat. Add water.and spices. Cook until all the flavors have blended together. Finally, splash with vinegar and stir.
- For guacamole: First peel and mash avocados with a fork in a large bowl. Then whisk together with chopped garlic cloves, fresh squeezed lime juice, chopped cilantro, tomatoes. and salt.
- For each bowl: Spoon a quarter of the spicy beef into each bowl. Then, add 2 tablespoons of guacamole, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/4 cup sprouts, 1/4 cup diced tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons of salsa to each bowl. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy.
- Gluten Free Chicken And Broccoli Stir Fry - March 25, 2022
- Flourless Chocolate Cake With Video - February 8, 2022
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies - November 30, 2021
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (Gluten Free) - November 19, 2021
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Egg Free) - November 5, 2021