In the midst of flu season, I want to be proactive in supporting my immune system. Here’s some of what my family and I are doing to try to stay healthy.
1. Drink bone broth
My slow cooker has been running non-stop making batches of bone broth. Drinking a steaming mug of beef bone broth is a wonderful way to strengthen the immune system.
2. Increase the humidity
3. Take time to relax
We enjoy a relaxing tea time every afternoon. Want to be more relaxed and creative in the afternoon? Tea might be the perfect afternoon beverage. Read more here.
4. Get moving and get rest
5. Take supplements
I know I’m not getting enough daily sun so I take vitamin D3 every day.
6. Eat fermented foods for gut health
I try to include fermented foods like yogurt and sauerkraut in our diets. Gut health is key to boosting the immune system.
7. Get enough protein
Maintaining good muscle mass is essential for good health. Since John and I are over 60, we get at least 30 grams of high quality protein in three separate meals a day. Remember, muscle is the organ of longevity. Here’s how I make a perfect steak or quick and easy pan-seared salmon.
8. Eat like my life depends upon it
For a healthy immune system, I try to avoid refined sugars, processed foods, and empty carbs.
I hope you’re feeling your best.
- 8 Easy Low Carb Keto Quick Bites - November 26, 2023
- Crispy Salami Chips Recipe - November 21, 2023
- How To Make Caprese Salad: A Classic Italian Appetizer - November 17, 2023
- Chicken Soup: A Wholesome Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Whole 30 Recipe - November 12, 2023
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023