Indulge in this delightful Berry Good Smoothie, bursting with antioxidants and superfood goodness. It’s a refreshing treat to satisfy your taste buds!
This post has been updated with more helpful tips, new photos, and a video.
Today, I’m switching things up a bit by adding berries to this smoothie. I call it Berry Good Smoothie because it’s packed with superfood goodness.
I’ve always been a fan of green smoothies experimenting with various combinations of leafy greens and superfoods. You may have tried one of my green smoothies: my healing green smoothie and radiant skin smoothie with chia seeds.
But now, I decided to incorporate these fruits into my smoothie creation.
Read on to find out more about this smoothie’s carefully selected ingredients: blueberries, strawberries. an apple, and immune-boosting spirulina.
Is a berry smoothie healthy?
Now, you might be wondering, why berries? Well, berries are not only delicious but also incredibly good for you. They’re bursting with antioxidants that can work wonders for your body.
So, I decided to incorporate these vibrant little powerhouses into this drink.
When it comes to health benefits of adding berries to smoothies, berries are like tiny treasure troves.
Take blueberries, for example. They’re packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that help combat free radicals and promote overall well-being.
And let’s not forget about strawberries, with their sweet and tangy flavor. They provide a healthy dose of vitamin C and are known to boost collagen production, keeping your skin glowing and youthful.
But what about the apple, you might ask? Well, it adds a touch of natural sweetness and brings additional vitamins and fiber to the mix.
What is spirulina?
To give this smoothie an extra nutritional kick, I add a teaspoon of spirulina—a green algae rich in protein. It not only boosts the smoothie’s protein content but also supports your immune system. And it’s gluten free!
Now that you know the why behind the Berry Good Smoothie, let’s talk about how to create this glass of fruity goodness.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Wash the berries and apple thoroughly. Then core the apple and cut it into chunks.
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container: first water, then spirulina powder, next apple and berries, and finally the ice.
Keep heavier frozen ingredients to add last so that they’re on top of the mixture. This will get the blender moving faster and prevent stalling.
Then secure the lid.
Pro tips and recipe notes
- Today, I have fresh berries, but you can also use frozen ones if you prefer a thicker drink. Frozen berries add a delightful chill and make your smoothie extra refreshing.
- Whenever possible, I recommend using organic produce. It ensures that you’re getting the best quality ingredients without any unnecessary chemicals or pesticides.
- Will spirulina alter the taste of the smoothie? Spirulina has a slightly earthy taste, but when combined with the sweetness of the berries and apple, its flavor is beautifully balanced. You’ll find that it doesn’t overpower the overall taste of the smoothie.
- Can I use a food processor to make this smoothie? Yes, if you don’t have a super blender, a food processor can be used to prepare this smoothie.
- Can I make this smoothie ahead of time and store it in the fridge? While it’s best to enjoy the Berry Good Smoothie immediately after blending to preserve its freshness and nutritional value, you can store it in the fridge for a short period. However, keep in mind that separation may occur due to the natural settling of ingredients. Give it a quick stir before consuming, and try to consume it within a day for the best taste and texture.
I hope you give this refreshing Berry Good Smoothie a try. It’s not only good for you, but also absolutely delicious.
And here’s a little tip from me: try freezing it in popsicle molds as a berry pop for those scorching summer days—it’s a frozen treat that will make your taste buds dance with joy!
So embrace the berry goodness and elevate your smoothie game to a whole new level. Cheers to good health and delightful sips!
P.S. Don’t forget to let me know how you liked this recipe. Your feedback and smoothie adventures always bring a smile to my face
Love berries? Try these recipes
Frozen Strawberry Protein Pops – Relax and enjoy these frozen protein pops. The creamy taste of strawberry will melt in your mouth.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins – Get your ingredients together, and you’ll be taking these gluten-free coconut flour blueberry muffins out of the oven in just 25 minutes.
Pomegranate And Berry Blast Green Smoothie – Five ingredients all add up to an incredibly healthy smoothie, and just wait until you taste how delicious it is too.
Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade Pressé – Find a quiet place to relax and sip homemade sparkling raspberry lemonade pressé slowly with your friends and family.
Vitamix Strawberry And Yogurt Smoothie – This smoothie is made with whole milk, whole milk yogurt, and healing probiotics: a healthy way to heal your tummy.
Berry Good Smoothie: Refreshing And Nourishing
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Spirulina
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 5 strawberries
- 1 apple
- 3 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into Vitamix container in order listed and secure lid.
- Set Vitamix to pre-programmed Smoothie setting and start machine. It will automatically shut off once cycle is complete. Yields 2 cups
- 8 Easy Low Carb Keto Quick Bites - November 26, 2023
- Crispy Salami Chips Recipe - November 21, 2023
- How To Make Caprese Salad: A Classic Italian Appetizer - November 17, 2023
- Chicken Soup: A Wholesome Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Whole 30 Recipe - November 12, 2023
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023