According to Beyond Celiac, nutrient deficiencies related to celiac disease, both pre- and post-diagnosis, may have an impact on cognitive function.
Here are 3 ways to keep your mind sharp
- Regular exercise, especially cardiovascular activity, pumps more oxygen-rich blood with nutrients to the brain and fuels brain cells.
- Learn something new, and it will give you a sense of accomplishment and stimulate your brain.
- Feed yourself on brain foods like fish, berries, avocados, nuts and seeds, spinach, and just a few ounces of dark chocolate.
Today’s smoothie recipe is loaded with super foods like blueberries, raspberries, almonds and I’ve added Ginkgold which is specifically for mental sharpness.
Brain Power Smoothie
- 12 organic blueberries
- 12 organic raspberries
- 1 frozen organic banana
- 12 raw almonds
- 1 organic gala apple
- 1 tablet 120 mg. Ginkgold Max (product is gluten free)
- 1 cup water
- 3 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Smoothie setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.
I’d love to hear your favorite ways to maintain a healthy brain. Do you play Sudoko, take naps or simply engage in stimulating conversation? Please add your thoughts in the comments section below.