According to Celiac Central, nutrient deficiencies related to celiac disease, both pre- and post-diagnosis, may have an impact on cognitive function.
Here are 3 ways to keep your mind sharp
- Regular exercise, especially cardiovascular activity, pumps more oxygen-rich blood with nutrients to the brain and fuels brain cells.
- Learn something new, and it will give you a sense of accomplishment and stimulate your brain.
- Feed yourself on brain foods like fish, berries, avocados, nuts and seeds, spinach, and just a few ounces of dark chocolate.
Today’s smoothie recipe is loaded with super foods like blueberries, raspberries, almonds and I’ve added Ginkgold which is specifically for mental sharpness.
- 12 organic blueberries
- 12 organic raspberries
- 1 frozen organic banana
- 12 raw almonds
- 1 organic gala apple
- 1 tablet (120 mg.) Ginkgold Max (product is gluten free)
- 1 cup water
- 3 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Smoothie setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.
I’d love to hear your favorite ways to maintain a healthy brain. Do you play Sudoko, take naps or simply engage in stimulating conversation? Please add your thoughts in the comments section below.
- Keto Chicken Piccata - August 3, 2018
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018
- Low-Carb Meatball Parmesan For A Quick Easy Dinner - February 23, 2018