This brain power smoothie is loaded with super foods!
According to Beyond Celiac, nutrient deficiencies related to celiac disease, both pre- and post-diagnosis, may have an impact on cognitive function.
Here are 3 ways to keep your mind sharp
- Regular exercise, especially cardiovascular activity, pumps more oxygen-rich blood with nutrients to the brain and fuels brain cells.
- Learn something new, and it will give you a sense of accomplishment and stimulate your brain.
- Feed yourself on brain foods like fish, berries, avocados, nuts and seeds, spinach, and just a few ounces of dark chocolate.
Today’s smoothie recipe is loaded with super foods like blueberries, raspberries, almonds and I’ve added Ginkgold which is specifically for mental sharpness.
So, I’d love to hear your favorite ways to maintain a healthy brain. Do you play Sudoko, take naps or simply engage in stimulating conversation?
MORE HEALTHY SMOOTHIES
My Healing Green Smoothie – Discover many important green smoothie benefits and a step-by-step tutorial with beautiful photos showing how to make a healing green smoothie. You’re going to love this smoothie.
Radiant Skin Smoothie (With Chia Seeds) – You’ll love this green smoothie. It’s made in your super blender including berries, greens, celery, apple and chia seeds which promote radiant skin.
Strawberry And Yogurt Smoothie – This smoothie is a healthy treat rather than treats with empty calories.
Cucumber Smoothie – This is a sweet, creamy, and delicious smoothie.
Brain Power Smoothie
- 12 blueberries
- 12 raspberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 12 raw almonds
- 1 gala apple
- 1 tablet 120 mg. Ginkgold Max (product is gluten free)
- 1 cup water
- 3 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Smoothie setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.