Surówka is a Polish sauerkraut, carrot and apple salad that’s healthy and delicious. Enjoy!
Our friends from Poland shared their Surówka recipe with us. Pronounced suˈrufka, it’s a sauerkraut, carrot, apple and onion salad. Especially, they said, that it’s delicious with fish.
However, I was planning to serve pork tenderloin tonight and just couldn’t wait to try it. And boy, it’s yummy. I had to share it with you.
So, What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Delicious Surówka?
• a carrot
• an apple
• half of an onion
• extra-virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper
How To Make Surówka
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
- If you do serve your surówka with fish, our friends said to add the juice of two fresh lemons.
- Also, I substituted their recommended tablespoon of sugar with Stevia.
- Fermented sauerkraut is so healthy. And it’s easy to make your own. For store bought, I recommend Bubbies Of San Francisco Sauerkraut. It has live cultures, and no sugar, vinegar or preservatives. Just great taste.
- I had delicious apples on hand when I made this recipe. A tart Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Macintosh apple would stand up well to the flavor of the sauerkraut.
Tasty surówka is an easy, healthy, raw side dish that’s delicious with dinner. But I also can picture serving it at a summer party picnic or barbecue.
Love this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Surówka
- 1 pound Bubbies Sauerkraut
- 1 organic carrot shredded
- 1 organic apple chopped
- 1/2 organic onion minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 g Stevia
- salt to taste
- dash of pepper
- Strain liquid from the sauerkraut.
- Add carrot, apple, onion, and parsley to your sauerkraut in a large bowl. Stir in olive oil and sprinkle with Stevia, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Your surówka only takes ten minutes of prep time. Then refrigerate it for thirty minutes.
- If you do serve your surówka with fish, add the juice of two fresh lemons.
- In this recipe, I substituted the recommended tablespoon of sugar with Stevia. It's up to you if you prefer sugar.
- Fermented sauerkraut is so healthy. And it's easy to make your own. For store bought, I recommend Bubbies Of San Francisco Sauerkraut. It has live cultures, and no sugar, vinegar or preservatives. Just great taste.
- I had delicious apples on hand when I made this recipe. Any tart apple like Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Macintosh would stand up well to the flavor of the sauerkraut.
- How To Cook Bacon In The Oven - July 24, 2019
- Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb) - May 21, 2019
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019