A gluten free panini sandwich is a fun and delicious meal.
The Panini sandwich is becoming popular all over the world these days. Originating in Italy, the panino is Italian for “small bread roll.” Fortunately they can be made with your favorite filling and gluten free bread!
Stuff your sandwich bread with mozzarella cheese, tomato, and prosciutto and press between the hot plates of your panini grill.
If you don’t have a panini grill, try making the sandwich on top of the stove with a frying pan or skillet. Brush the outside of the bread with extra-virgin olive oil.
I recommend a grill pan since you’ll be able to replicate those distinctive grill marks. Remember to flip the panini and cook both sides, pressing down with a spatula.
And that’s it. Perfectly crispy on the outside and warm on the inside. Eat hot off the grill.
Pro tips and recipe notes
- Try this recipe for gluten free panini sandwich or let your imagination take over and create your own combination with meat, chicken, vegetable and cheese.
- You may want to spread the inside with pesto sauce, dijon mustard or mayonnaise before grilling.
So tell me, what kind of panini will you create? I’m always looking for new ideas.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Happy cooking!
More sandwich and wrap recipes
Review: Against the Grain rolls – Here’s my review of gluten free Against the Grain rolls including recipes for three savory and simple gluten free sandwiches you’ll love.
Hot Open Turkey Sandwich – You’ve just got to try this delicious hot open faced turkey sandwich. It’s so good.
Turkey, Bacon, And Swiss Melt – You may not be able to go back to ordinary turkey sandwiches after taking your first bite of this ultimate gluten-free turkey melt.
Philly Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps – These wraps are made with tender sliced roast beef, fresh peppers and onions, and melted provolone cheese covered in a delicious sauce. Best of all, they’re crazy easy to make.
Gluten Free Panini Sandwich
- 2 slices of gluten free bread I use Udi's White Sandwich Bread in this recipe
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- sliced tomato
- Stuff and press between the hot plates of your panini grill.
- If you don't have a panini grill, try making the sandwich on top of the stove with a frying pan or skillet. I recommend a grill pan since you'll be able to replicate those distinctive grill marks. Remember to flip the panini and cook both sides, pressing down with a spatula.
- Eat hot off the grill.
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023
- Spicy Salmon Bake Cups (Gluten Free And Low Carb) - December 16, 2022
- Gluten Free Baked Ziti Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Dr. Ted Naiman’s P:E Potatoes Au Gratin - August 5, 2022
- Frozen Strawberry Protein Pops - July 28, 2022