This is a refreshing, healthy, gluten free cucumber smoothie. Packed with nutrients, this delicious blend of fresh cucumbers, kale, apple, carrot, and creamy yogurt is a delicious treat. Taste the garden-fresh goodness!
This post has been updated with more helpful tips, new photos, and a video.
It’s a sunny morning in my garden, and the lush green leaves of cucumber vines stretch towards the warm rays of the sun. I can’t resist plucking a couple of ripe cucumbers straight off the vine.
These cucumbers have been growing with so much love and care, and now they’re ready for harvest—two beautiful cucumbers per day, no less!
But now, I have a new idea in mind—to blend half of a cucumber into a smoothie, accompanied by nutrient-packed kale, a juicy apple, a sweet carrot, and creamy yogurt.
This simple drink is not only tasty but also a wholesome cucumber smoothie that comes together in mere minutes.
Why cucumber smoothie?
Now, you might be wondering, why cucumber in a smoothie? Are cucumber smoothies even healthy? You bet!
Cucumbers are the unsung heroes of the vegetable world! With their impressive 95% water content, they serve as natural body detoxifiers, keeping you hydrated and refreshed all day long.
Not only that, but they’re also packed with essential vitamins A, B, and C, while boasting a wealth of phytonutrients that promote anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer effects. More here: on the benefits of cucumbers.
A healthy garden-fresh cucumber smoothie for detox and hydration and overall wellness!
Whenever possible, I recommend using organic ingredients from your local farmers’ market, supermarket, or your very own garden. It ensures that you’re getting the best quality without any unnecessary chemicals or pesticides.
The nutritional boost of yogurt
Now, let’s talk yogurt. Is yogurt good for you in a smoothie? Absolutely! Yogurt is a superstar when it comes to providing a healthy protein boost. Greek yogurt, in particular, boasts an impressive 12 grams of protein per half cup.
Today, we have a refreshing cucumber smoothie recipe with kale and yogurt. French Vanilla because I love the taste.
Besides protein, it delivers live probiotics, which promote good gut health, as well as essential nutrients like calcium and vitamin B-12.
So not only will your taste buds thank you for the creamy texture, but your body will also reap the creamy yogurt and cucumber green smoothie benefits.
Read more here about: how yogurt can improve your health.
Completing the blend I’m adding nourishing Lacinto kale leaves along with a carrot, and an apple, providing a hint of natural sweetness and infusing the mix with extra vitamins and fiber.
Okay. Let’s dive into how to whip up this refreshing cucumber smoothie in a few simple steps:
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Wash the produce thoroughly. Then core the apple and cut the apple, carrot, and cucumber into chunks.
Today I have Lacinto kale. It’s also called Tuscan or dinosaur kale, however, Lacinato is a specific Italian heirloom variety. Remove the tough stems from the center of the kale and tear the thin leaves.
Place all ingredients into the super blender container: first water, then yogurt, next kale, apple, carrot, cukes, and finally ice to make it cool and frothy.
We keep the heavier ice to add last on top of the mixture. This will get the blender moving faster and prevent stalling.
Then secure the lid.
If you have a Vitamix like mine, set it to the pre-programmed Smoothie setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.
It couldn’t be easier. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Pro tips and recipe notes
1. Can I use a food processor to make this smoothie? Yes, if you don’t have a super blender, a food processor can be used to prepare this smoothie.
2. Is it necessary to peel the cucumber before blending it? It’s entirely up to your preference. The cucumber’s skin contains additional nutrients, so you can leave it on if you want to maximize its benefits. Just ensure it’s thoroughly washed.
3. Can I substitute kale with other leafy greens? Yes! Feel free to experiment with spinach, Swiss chard, or even romaine lettuce. Each green brings its unique flavor and nutritional profile to the smoothie.
4. Can I add other fruits to the smoothie? Absolutely! Get creative and add fruits like berries, mangoes, or peaches for a burst of extra flavor and nutrients.
5. Can I add nuts or seeds for extra nutrition? Definitely! Nuts and seeds like almonds, chia seeds, or flaxseeds can add extra protein, fiber, and healthy fats to your smoothie. Just be sure they’re gluten free.
6. How long can I store the cucumber smoothie in the fridge? It’s best to consume the smoothie immediately after blending to enjoy its fresh flavors. You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
However, keep in mind that separation may occur due to the natural settling of ingredients. Give it a quick stir before consuming, and try to consume it within a day for the best taste and texture.
7. Can I freeze cucumber smoothie for later use? Yes! Even freezing it in popsicle molds will make a refreshing pop for those scorching summer days.
8. Is this smoothie suitable for weight loss? Cucumber smoothies are generally low in calories and packed with nutrients, making them a great addition to a balanced weight-loss plan. You can even go with non-fat yogurt for a lower calorie count.
So, if you’re looking for a light, creamy, and wholesome treat, give this cucumber smoothie a try. Cheers!
More healthy smoothies
Smoothies and Drinks Collection – This is the link to all my smoothies and drinks.
My Healing Green Smoothie – Discover many important green smoothie benefits and a step-by-step tutorial with beautiful photos showing how to make a healing green smoothie. You’re going to love this smoothie.
Radiant Skin Smoothie (With Chia Seeds) – You’ll love this green smoothie. It’s made in your super blender including berries, greens, celery, apple and chia seeds which promote radiant skin.
Strawberry And Yogurt Smoothie – This smoothie is made with probiotics: a healthy way to heal your tummy. It’s a creamy treat you can whip up in minutes.
Joint Soothing Smoothie – This smoothie is made with cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic; all excellent remedies for inflammation that cause pain.
Garden-Fresh Cucumber Smoothie
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup french vanilla yogurt
- 2 leaves of Lacinto kale remove the stems
- 1 carrot sliced in chunks
- 1/2 cucumber sliced in chunks
- 1 apple cored and sliced
- 3 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Smoothie setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup french vanilla yogurt, 2 leaves of Lacinto kale, 1 carrot, 1/2 cucumber, 1 apple, 3 ice cubes
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023
- Spicy Salmon Bake Cups (Gluten Free And Low Carb) - December 16, 2022
- Gluten Free Baked Ziti Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Dr. Ted Naiman’s P:E Potatoes Au Gratin - August 5, 2022
- Frozen Strawberry Protein Pops - July 28, 2022