Italian sausage and peppers are often served at family reunions, fairs and other large gatherings. Alas, not all sausages are gluten free. Many sausages have fillers in them that are grain based. Fillers help cut the cost of using 100% meat in the sausage. The grain also helps to absorb the fat. You may have to be bold and ask your server for the brand of sausage used or whether they know the actual ingredients. Or just wait until you get home and follow this recipe for delicious gluten free sausage and peppers.
Today, my son and I had fun picking out 4 different colored peppers to sauté for our sausage and peppers dinner. The gluten free sausage that goes best with this dish is Premio Sweet Italian sausage.
Bring some color to your table tonight. I hope you enjoy sausage and peppers!
Gluten Free Sausage and Peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 tblsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 16 oz. package Premio Italian Sweet sausage
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Prepare Sweet Italian Sausage
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Add Sweet Italian Sausage and boil for 20 minutes. Then fire up your grill and brown to perfection. Set aside.
- Saute peppers and onions
- Slice Peppers and onion. Add oil to a large frying pan. Cook peppers, first, over a medium heat, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Add onion, garlic and thyme and continue cooking, another 5 minutes. Remove peppers and onions to a plate. Add wine over medium heat to the same pan. Return vegetables and add sausages to the pan, stir to coat with wine sauce until heated through about 3 more minutes.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Please leave a comment below.
- How To Cook Tomahawk Rib Eye Steak - October 3, 2018
- Keto Chicken Piccata - August 3, 2018
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018