How To Make Espresso In A Traditional Moka Pot
My son Peter and I have been working on making a series of gluten free cooking videos. We just published our first video: How To Make Espresso In A Traditional Moka Pot. In this video, we show you how to make espresso in a Moka pot, like those used in Europe and South America. It really does make the most delicious cup of espresso.
The very first cup of espresso was invented in Milan in the early 20th century. The word espresso means coffee that is brewed expressly for each individual customer. Today, espresso bars are not only a common sight in Italy, but also all throughout the world. And no wonder. The strong little cup of coffee is absolutely delicious and an exquisite addition to any dessert. And best of all, of course, espresso is naturally gluten free.
It’s a cinch to make espresso at home. Here’s a summary of the video:
- Your espresso pot has three parts. Fill the bottom chamber with water just below the steam valve.
- Fill the coffee basket with ground espresso.
- Then tightly screw the collecting chamber onto the base.
- Place your pot on your stove over a flame high enough to just cover the bottom of the pot.
- After a while, you’ll here the water start to boil. When the bubbling sound stops, your delicious espresso is ready to serve.
And if you have any questions, please reach out to me in the comments or shoot me an email and I’ll respond ASAP!
I appreciate your comments and ratings so please leave a comment on YouTube. Thank you!
If you’re looking for more gluten free dishes, click here for my Recipe Index with quick links to all of my Gluten Free recipes!
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023
- Spicy Salmon Bake Cups (Gluten Free And Low Carb) - December 16, 2022
- Gluten Free Baked Ziti Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Dr. Ted Naiman’s P:E Potatoes Au Gratin - August 5, 2022
- Frozen Strawberry Protein Pops - July 28, 2022