Delicious gluten-free meatloaf made with sweet onions and gluten-free breadcrumbs is an easy weeknight meal. This gluten-free meatloaf would be wonderful topped with velvety smooth gluten-free mushroom gravy. If you follow my tips for perfect no-fail meatloaf, you’ll get two thumbs up from everyone at your table.
Ready to make delicious gluten-free meatloaf? Here we go.
Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, and chopped onions in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Then add your beaten egg to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
I recommend using this type of broiler pan with a grid top. Line the bottom drip pan of the broiler pan with foil.
Form the meat mixture into a loaf shape and place it on the slotted upper part of the broiler pan. This will allow the fat to drain into the bottom drip pan.
Pop in the oven for one hour and fifteen minutes. Then take the meatloaf out of the oven and brush ketchup over the top of the meatloaf. Finally, put your meatloaf back in the oven for fifteen more minutes.
Your meatloaf is done now. Let the meatloaf sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
You’re going to love this wonderful no-fail gluten-free meatloaf. It’s delicious with homemade mashed potatoes, and best of all it’s gluten-free.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Shar’s bread crumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, and chopped onions in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Then add your beaten egg to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Line the bottom drip pan of a broiler pan with foil.
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf shape and place it on the slotted upper part of the broiler pan.
- Bake 1 ¼ hours.
- Spread ketchup over the top of the meatloaf and bake 15 minutes more.
- Let meatloaf sit for 5 minutes before removing from pan to slice and serve.
- For a terrific gluten-free gravy try my Velvety Smooth gluten-free gravy (recipe here).