Low-carb meatloaf is an easy comfort food drizzled with delicious spicy mayo. This recipe has been updated with new photos and some ingredient tweaks. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Way back when I was newly married and wasn’t as experienced a cook as I am now, there was one dinner recipe that always gave me trouble. Meatloaf. I tried many different recipes, but the meatloaf would just fall apart or the taste was “meh!”
Then my church put together a cookbook that everyone in the congregation contributed to. I was flipping through the recipes when I came across one called “Everybody’s Favorite Meatloaf.” It sounded too good to be true. I had to give it a try.
The meatloaf came out of the oven looking beautiful, but I held my breath as I sliced it. Phew — at least it didn’t fall apart. Then I tasted it. Yum, we had a winner. It’s been my standby meatloaf recipe ever since.
When my family started following a gluten-free diet, I was worried that we wouldn’t be able to eat meatloaf anymore. Meatloaf was one of my go-to dinners, and everyone loved it.
Not to fear. I was able to tweak the recipe and adapt it with gluten-free breadcrumbs. It was one of the first recipes I shared on the blog and proved to be very popular, even going viral on Pinterest.
Fast forward to today. Now that John and I are following a low-carb diet, it’s time to adapt the recipe once again and get rid of those breadcrumbs for good.
But why stop there?
Why not turn this already amazing recipe into one of the most delicious and healthy meatloaf recipes yet?
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Today, I’m taking that beloved meatloaf recipe to a whole new level. Cauliflower rice is our substitute for the bread crumbs. Cauliflower keeps our meatloaf juicy.
Give the cauliflower a quick spin in your food processor just until it is minced. You’ll need just two and a quarter cups.
Then mix in with the hearty ground beef, tasty onions, parmesan cheese (I use aged Parmigiano Reggiano), and rosemary.
I season the mixture with pink Himalayan salt and pepper.
Then when the meatloaf is almost ready, I brush tomato paste on top. (My original recipe called for ketchup, but I want to avoid extra sugar here.)
And, finally, I have one more delicious surprise for you: spicy mayo.
Yes, you could serve this meatloaf with a traditional gravy. But spicy mayo made with mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce is a fun way to add another burst of flavor.
Sriracha sauce is a hot sauce popular in Thai cuisine. You can control the heat of your spicy mayo by adding as much or as little Sriracha as you like to your mayonnaise.
When your meatloaf comes out of the oven, let it rest before you slice it up and dig in. Then serve it with the spicy mayo.
Woo hoo! Two thumbs up from the fam.
Voilà. No-fail grain-free juicy and delicious meatloaf that is true to my original recipe, but is also low-carb. It’s an iconic comfort food that satisfies the heartiest appetite. Make it this week. You’re going to love it.
More recipes you’ll love
Low Carb Recipe Collection This is the link to all my low carb recipes.
Quick And Easy Beef Ragoût With Tomatoes And Pearl Onions Every mouthful explodes with flavor in this quick and easy stir fry.
Slow Cooker Braised Short Ribs In this recipe your meat will simmer in your slow cooker in a beautiful red wine sauce until the it’s so tender and juicy it literally falls right off the bone.
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it!
Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist
- 3 pounds ground beef 80/20 chuck is the best choice for this recipe
- 2 1/4 cups minced cauliflower
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt I used Himalayan salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup gluten-free tomato paste Muir Glen is gluten-free
- For Spicy Mayo
- 2 tablespoons of avocado mayo I highly recommend Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon of sriracha more or less depending upon how hot you'd like your sauce Sky Valley Siracha Sauce is gluten-free.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350℉.
- Give the cauliflower a quick spin in your food processor fitted with the large chopping blade just until it is minced. You’ll need 2 1/4 cups.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, minced cauliflower, parmesan, onion, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Then add to the meat mixture. Mix with your hands until evenly combined.
- I recommend using this type of broiler pan with a grid top. Line the bottom drip pan of the broiler pan with foil.
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf shape and place it on the slotted upper part of the broiler pan. This will allow the fat to drain into the bottom drip pan.
- Bake for a total of 1 1/2 hours.
- 10 minutes before it's finished baking, brush the top of the loaf with tomato paste.
- For Spicy Mayo:
- Stir mayo and sriracha together in a small bowl.
- Slice and serve your meatloaf with spicy mayo sauce on the side.
- Gluten Free Chicken And Broccoli Stir Fry - March 25, 2022
- Flourless Chocolate Cake With Video - February 8, 2022
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies - November 30, 2021
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (Gluten Free) - November 19, 2021
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Egg Free) - November 5, 2021