Autumn Photo Feast and Gluten Free Panko Crusted Pork Chops Recipe
This delicious pork chop dinner is a wonderful way to celebrate Autumn, my favorite time of year!
I love taking long walks and hearing the crunch of leaves underfoot, wearing comfy sweaters, and wrapping up in scarves. My family enjoys taking scenic drives upstate in order to capture beautiful photos of the lovely fall foliage. After returning home from a day of hiking, touring one of the many mansions, antiquing or apple picking, my gang is mighty hungry. Quick yet satisfying recipes like panko crusted pork chops make the perfect dinner.
Before I share the recipe, here is a video set to the music of Autumn In New York with beautiful fall pictures of New York City. I’ll just go ahead and put this right here and since this recipe is quick, you have a moment to watch it and enjoy.
And here are some of my photos of landscapes north of the City.
Take a scenic ride along Seven Lakes Drive.
Stunning deer, just one of the many varieties of wildlife you see.
Top of Perkins Drive, high above Bear Mountain. On a clear day, you can see the New York City skyline 40 miles away!
Don’t feed the ducks on Swan Lake, Rockefeller State Park Preserve!
So here is that recipe for melt in your mouth panko crusted pork chops. Don’t the colors of the pork chop resemble the golden hues of autumn?
For the juiciest chops, the most important tip that I can give you is to brine the chops. Just soak the meat in salt water for at least an hour. This traps the moisture in the meat. Rinse the salt water off and pat dry when finished brining. You’ll be left with tenderized, juicy chops.
Now, the pork chops are dredged in parmesan cheese, then egg and finally crunchy panko breadcrumbs. The breadcrumbs trap steam in the meat keeping it juicy on the inside.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Panko Crusted Pork Chops
- For Brine:
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 peppercorns
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs PANKO STYLE
- 4 boneless center-cut pork chops
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For brine: Dissolve salt in water. Place meat in a large baking dish and cover with brine. Add peppercorns and bay leaf. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Then take the chops out, discard the brine, rinse the chops off and pat them completely dry.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs and milk in a shallow bowl. Place parmesan cheese on a separate plate, and bread crumbs on another plate.
- Dredge each pork chop in the cheese then into the egg mixture, and finally into the bread crumbs coating evenly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Place coated pork chops in the skillet and cook until golden brown about 6 minutes on each side.
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019
- Tastiest Low-Carb Keto Stuffed Cabbage - February 28, 2019
- Chicken And Peppers: Olive Oil And Garlic Style - January 2, 2019