Enjoy this healthy and tasty gluten free broccoli soup any time you want some warm comfort food. It’s so simple to make.
I’m happy to share with you a soup recipe that is a big hit in our home. Everyone can enjoy it because it’s gluten-free.
Broccoli is the main ingredient in this soup. I use my Vitamix; it’s a super high-powered blender and makes preparation fast and easy. You can top off your soup with cheese to add richness.
Serve it as a starter or a light meal, and it can be garnished with a variety of toppings, such as gluten free croutons or herbs.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Pro tips and recipe notes
- If you’re dairy free, skip the cheese; it’s optional.
- If you’re following a low-carb way of eating you can eliminate the carrots.
- Have a cup on its own or pair it with this messaged kale salad or pomegranate spinach salad
- Leftover soup will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Just be sure to let the soup cool down before transferring it to your container.
I hope you enjoy this broccoli soup as much as we do.
And if you have any questions, please reach out to me in the comments or shoot me an email, and I’ll respond ASAP!
More delicious soup recipes
Wild Cod Chowder (Whole 30 And Low-Carb) In this chowder, cod is paired with bits of crispy bacon and healthy vegetables and spices.
Zoodle Soup With Meatballs Zoodles paired with mini meatballs and baby bok choy is a winning combination.
Wild Salmon Chowder Bits of crispy bacon and chunks of tender fish floating in an oh-so creamy vegetable broth is so nourishing to your body. dairy free, gluten free, and paleo!
Escarole And Bean Soup With Bacon Quick, easy gluten free escarole and bean soup keeps you warm and supercharges your health in the winter months in the most delicious way possible.
Gluten Free Broccoli Soup
- 2 onions 1 chopped and 1 will be blended in Vitamix
- 4 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 carrots sliced (optional)
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Place 1/2 cup water and onion into the Vitamix container and secure lid.2 onions
- Select Variable 1.Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour onion mixture into a large pot. Add 4 cups of water, chopped onion, chopped broccoli, sliced carrots, chopped celery and all the wonderful seasonings and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.4 cups broccoli, 2 carrots, 1 stalk of celery, 1/8 teaspoon turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Next, remove 2 cups of the soup and carefully place into the Vitamix container and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Hot Soup setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.
- Pour blended soup back into pot (add optional: cheddar cheese) and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes more.1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Make Easy Pancakes from Scratch with Leftover Gluten-Free Bread - April 24, 2023
- Spicy Salmon Bake Cups (Gluten Free And Low Carb) - December 16, 2022
- Gluten Free Baked Ziti Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Dr. Ted Naiman’s P:E Potatoes Au Gratin - August 5, 2022
- Frozen Strawberry Protein Pops - July 28, 2022