I’m happy to share with you a soup recipe that is a big hit in our home. Everyone can enjoy it because it’s gluten-free. If you’re dairy free, skip the cheese; it’s optional. And if you’re following a low-carb way of eating you can eliminate the carrots.
I use my Vitamix; it’s a super high-powered blender and makes preparation fast and easy.
Have a happy healthy day.
- 2 onions, 1 chopped and 1 will be blended in Vitamix
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced (optional)
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- ⅛ tsp
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 4½ cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Place ½ cup water and onion into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour onion mixture into a large pot. Add 4 cups of water, chopped onion, chopped broccoli, sliced carrots, chopped celery and all the wonderful seasonings and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Next, remove 2 cups of the soup and carefully place into the Vitamix container and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Hot Soup setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.
- Pour blended soup back into pot (add
optional: cheddar cheese) and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes more.
Tell us what you think. Please leave your comments and thoughts below.
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018
- Low-Carb Meatball Parmesan For A Quick Easy Dinner - February 23, 2018
- Bursting With Flavor: 50 Low-Carb And Gluten-Free Recipes Designed To Delight Your Tastebuds - January 25, 2018