I’m happy to share with you a soup recipe that is a big hit in our home. Everyone can enjoy it because it’s gluten-free. If you’re dairy free, skip the cheese; it’s optional. And if you’re following a low-carb way of eating you can eliminate the carrots.
I use my Vitamix; it’s a super high-powered blender and makes preparation fast and easy.
Have a happy healthy day.
Gluten Free Broccoli Soup
- 2 onions 1 chopped and 1 will be blended in Vitamix
- 4 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 carrots sliced (optional)
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 1/8 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Place 1/2 cup water and onion into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour onion mixture into a large pot. Add 4 cups of water, chopped onion, chopped broccoli, sliced carrots, chopped celery and all the wonderful seasonings and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Next, remove 2 cups of the soup and carefully place into the Vitamix container and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Hot Soup setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.
- Pour blended soup back into pot (add optional: cheddar cheese) and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes more.
Tell us what you think. Please leave your comments and thoughts below.
- How To Cook Bacon In The Oven - July 24, 2019
- Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb) - May 21, 2019
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019