I’m happy to share with you a soup recipe that is a big hit in our home. Everyone can enjoy it because it’s gluten-free.
I use my Vitamix; it’s a super high-powered blender and makes preparation fast and easy.
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Pro tips and recipe notes
- If you’re dairy free, skip the cheese; it’s optional.
- If you’re following a low-carb way of eating you can eliminate the carrots.
- Have a cup on its own or pair it with this messaged kale salad or pomegranate spinach salad
I hope you enjoy this broccoli soup as much as we do.
And if you have any questions, please reach out to me in the comments or shoot me an email, and I’ll respond ASAP!
More delicious soup recipes
Gluten Free Broccoli Soup
- 2 onions 1 chopped and 1 will be blended in Vitamix
- 4 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 carrots sliced (optional)
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Place 1/2 cup water and onion into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour onion mixture into a large pot. Add 4 cups of water, chopped onion, chopped broccoli, sliced carrots, chopped celery and all the wonderful seasonings and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Next, remove 2 cups of the soup and carefully place into the Vitamix container and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Hot Soup setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.
- Pour blended soup back into pot (add optional: cheddar cheese) and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes more.