Here’s my easy traditional chicken noodle soup recipe made from a whole chicken. It simmers on the stove all day, filling the house with its healing aroma. I think organic chicken has an even sweeter scent. The gluten free noodles are from Schar and they mimic real egg noodles. Delicious.
Love this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- 8 cups water
- 1 whole organic chicken including the neck
- 2 stalks of celery cut up
- 2 carrots cut up
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 box Schar Taglieatelle cooked according to package directions
- Add chicken to a dutch oven and cover with water. Add celery, carrots, onion and whole cloves and bring to a boil. Skim off any fat that rises to the top. Reduce heat, cover and simmer all day.
- About an hour before you are ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pot. Discard the skin and neck. Then carefully separate the meat from the bones and discard the bones. Cut up the meat into bite size pieces and return it to the pot. Add garlic, parsley and thyme. Simmer until you are ready to serve.
- Spoon desired amount of noodles into individual bowls and ladle chicken soup over noodles.
- How To Cook Tomahawk Rib Eye Steak - October 3, 2018
- Keto Chicken Piccata - August 3, 2018
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018