Here’s my easy traditional chicken noodle soup recipe made from a whole chicken. It simmers on the stove all day, filling the house with its healing aroma. I think organic chicken has an even sweeter scent. The gluten free noodles are from Schar and they mimic real egg noodles. Delicious.
Love this recipe? Pin it!
- 8 cups water
- 1 whole organic chicken including the neck
- 2 stalks of celery, cut up
- 2 carrots, cut up
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 box Schar
Taglieatelle, cooked according to package directions
- Add chicken to a dutch oven and cover with water. Add celery, carrots, onion and whole cloves and bring to a boil. Skim off any fat that rises to the top. Reduce heat, cover and simmer all day.
- About an hour before you are ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pot. Discard the skin and neck. Then carefully separate the meat from the bones and discard the bones. Cut up the meat into
bite sizepieces and return it to the pot. Add garlic, parsleyand thyme. Simmer until you are ready to serve.
- Spoon desired amount of noodles into individual bowls and ladle chicken soup over noodles.
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018
- Low-Carb Meatball Parmesan For A Quick Easy Dinner - February 23, 2018
- Bursting With Flavor: 50 Low-Carb And Gluten-Free Recipes Designed To Delight Your Tastebuds - January 25, 2018
- Steak Roll-Ups Recipe + Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Review - January 4, 2018