Cozy up to a healthy bowl of gluten free chicken and rice soup. It’s so fast and easy to make!
I knew this evening was a fine evening for chicken and rice soup because the weather is raw outside and some in my family are starting to sniffle. There wasn’t enough time to prepare my traditional whole chicken soup that would have needed hours to simmer.
So today I’m sharing my quick chicken soup recipe. Let it simmer on the back burner while preparing your main dish. A steaming bowl of chicken and rice soup will be a welcome appetizer to your dinner and it’ll be ready in about one hour.
Ingredients for quick chicken and rice soup
- chicken broth
- an onion
- a bay leaf
- chicken thighs
- cooked rice
How to make quick chicken and rice soup
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
Chop, chop, chop. Chop up your carrots, onion, celery, and garlic. Adding a little of this and a teaspoon of that (your parsley, pepper, thyme, and a bay leaf) to gluten free chicken broth makes this simplified version of homemade chicken soup satisfying, indeed. Cook your chicken right in the broth to release healing goodness.
Simmer for about 45 minutes until chicken is cooked. Then lift your chicken out with a slotted spoon and cut up into bite size pieces. Return chicken to the pot. Remove bay leaf. Skim off any fat that rises to the top. And your delicious chicken and rice soup is done. Easy peasy.
Then spoon the desired amount of rice into individual bowls and ladle chicken soup over rice. Yum.
Chicken and rice soup is delicious and nutritious and naturally gluten free.
Have a happy and healthy week.
Want to save this easy recipe for later? Pin it!
Gluten Free Chicken and Rice Soup
- 2 quarts gluten free chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 stalk of celery sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound of chicken thighs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Combine all the ingredients in a Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Lift chicken out with a slotted spoon and cut up into bite size pieces. Return chicken to the pot. Remove bay leaf. Skim off any fat that rises to the top.
- Spoon desired amount of rice into individual bowls and ladle chicken soup over rice
- Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb) - May 21, 2019
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019
- Tastiest Low-Carb Keto Stuffed Cabbage - February 28, 2019