Cordon bleu means blue ribbon in French. My light version of gluten free turkey cordon bleu is baked rather than fried. Then I slice each roulade to reveal spirals of moist breaded turkey, melted cheese and ribbons of sweet ham.
Who can resist? This dish is easily a first prize winning meal.
Gluten Free Turkey Cordon Bleu
- 1 pound Turkey Cutlets 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Annie's gluten free Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Thyme crushed
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned salt
- 6-8 slices of ham Boar's Head or Applegate
- 6-8 slices of swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Wash and dry the turkey cutlets.
- Melt butter and set aside in a small bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a dish.
- Spread mustard evenly down the center of each cutlet. Season each with seasoned salt and thyme to taste. Layer each with ham and swiss cheese. Roll up, jelly-roll style. Then carefully roll in the melted butter and then roll in the bread crumb mixture. Place in a baking dish seam side down.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Top with gravy prepared from Maxwell's Kitchen gluten free turkey gravy mix.