Delicious and easy stir-fry paleo chicken with baby spinach and mini sweet peppers is ready in a snap.
I had planned to roast a turkey breast for dinner. But when I turned on the oven, I heard a pop! Hmmm….That didn’t sound good. I also noticed the power to the stove had gone out. Obviously, the breaker had tripped. I reset the breaker, but when I turned the oven on, again I heard that pop! That was it. My oven was dead.
Okay, what to do? Going out to dinner sounded good to me. That would be the fun thing to do. Right, ladies? But we were having some work done on the house so we wouldn’t have been able to get out to eat at a reasonable time. How about ordering out? Nope, John hates take-out.
I needed to stay calm and think fast. What could I make for dinner? Then it came to me. When I bought the turkey, I had also purchased some thin sliced chicken for later in the week. I did have something to make. And, fortunately, my stovetop was still working. I also had some baby spinach and mini sweet peppers in the fridge that I had planned to use for the next day’s salad. That’s all I needed.
I put the turkey breast into the freezer and decided to make a chicken stir-fry instead. Voilà! This easy paleo chicken with baby spinach and mini sweet peppers was born.
Here’s how easy it is to make stir-fry.
First, you’ll definitely want to lay out all of your ingredients before you start cooking because this dish will be ready in a snap. That was great for me because I had wasted so much time messing with the oven.
Next, cut up the chicken into strips. Thin slices cook fast.
Then slice the peppers. These organic mini sweet peppers were perfect for the stir-fry and easy to slice into bite-sized rounds. You can substitute 2-3 regular-sized peppers if you don’t have these small ones. Thin sliced regular peppers would be just as tasty.
Finally, chop up your garlic, set out your spinach, crushed red pepper, oregano, salt, black pepper, grated Parmesan, butter, and lemon juice.
And you’re ready to start cooking.
In a large frying pan or wok, heat avocado oil over a medium flame, but not smoking. I love cooking with avocado oil. Refined avocado oil is highly nutritious and loaded with antioxidants. It’s very heat stable with one of the highest smoke points making it one of the best possible oils for stir frying. You don’t need to have a high flame. Just keep the flame on medium and make sure the oil doesn’t start to smoke. Read more about cooking with healthy fats here.
Next, add the chicken and cook, stirring continuously until the chicken is tender, about three-four minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside. Then stir fry the sliced peppers along with garlic, salt, and pepper. Now to jazz it up a bit, sprinkle in some crushed red pepper and oregano.
When the peppers are just cooked, add butter and stir until it melts. Butter makes this dish scrumptious. I’ve been using Kerrygold butter that is made with grass-fed cow’s milk.
Finally, toss the chicken back in the wok with the spinach and keep the ingredients moving constantly by stirring with a wooden spoon for a minute or two. You’ll find that the spinach wilts as the flavors merge. Turn off the flame and sprinkle the stir-fry with Parmesan cheese, parsley, and some lemon juice. Toss and it’s done.
Nicole and I will be off to the Tribe Writer’s Conference in Tennessee this week. We’re looking forward to meeting up with lots of fellow bloggers. It’s our first conference together. I’m also really looking forward to some special mother-daughter time.
Since I’ll be away, I won’t have a new recipe for you, but John is working on an amazing new post about a super healthy food everyone should include in their diet. And we’ll have a special giveaway for you too. So stay tuned for the next post and your chance to win a tasty free gift. Oh, by the way, we’ve had that stove fixed so many times that we’ve decided that it’s seen better days. John promises me a brand new stove when I return. It’s not diamonds, but I’ll take it. LOL
In the meantime, make this delicious stir fry. I’d love to hear how you like it. Please say hi and leave me a comment below and share the recipe with a friend.
Have a happy and healthy week!
Love this recipe? Pin it!
Easy Paleo Chicken With Baby Spinach And Mini Sweet Peppers
- 2 pounds chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound organic mini sweet peppers
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces organic baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat avocado oil over a medium flame, but not smoking.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring continuously until the chicken is tender, about three-four minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Then stir fry the sliced peppers along with garlic, crushed red pepper, oregano,salt, and pepper.
- When the peppers are just cooked, 1-2 minutes, add butter and stir until it melts.
- Finally, toss the chicken back in the wok with the spinach and keep the ingredients moving constantly by stirring with a wooden spoon for a minute or two. You'll find that the spinach wilts as the flavors merge.
- Turn off the flame and add Parmesan cheese, parsley, and lemon juice. Toss and serve.
- How To Cook Tomahawk Rib Eye Steak - October 3, 2018
- Keto Chicken Piccata - August 3, 2018
- Keto Low-Carb Salmon With White Wine Sauce - June 12, 2018
- Low Carb Meatloaf With A Delicious Twist - April 10, 2018
- Our Keto Journey Part 2: Getting Rid Of Stubborn Pounds And Guarding Against Alzheimer’s - March 24, 2018