One-pan chicken and peppers is all roasted in a single pan in the chicken’s juices until the meat is tender and the skin is perfectly crispy.
Do you have a favorite recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation in your family? These are usually some of the best recipes. Not only are they tasty, but they also bring wonderful memories with each bite.
This one-pan chicken and peppers dish that I’m sharing with you today was inspired by a recipe that was passed down in my family from John’s grandmother. It’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy peppers in the summertime.
Cook in one pan
The chicken is roasted until the meat is tender and the skin is perfectly crispy. Surrounded by a medley of hearty potatoes and peppers, they all cook in the chicken’s juices. I just love the rustic flavors. Best of all, it’s gluten-free!
But I think my favorite thing by far about this recipe is the fact that the entire meal is made in a single pan. Yes, that’s right. No need to worry about using a dozen pots and pans or having to make an additional side dish.
I have a large family so when I discovered this cooking method, I thought it was brilliant. 🙂
I like to use chicken thighs with the skin when making this dish. The skin keeps the meat moist and flavorful.
I can’t wait to hear how you like it, and I hope it will become a new favorite recipe in your house too.
Love chicken? Try these recipes
Chicken And Peppers: Olive Oil And Garlic Style – This is our family’s original chicken and peppers recipe. The chicken simmers on your stovetop in extra-virgin olive oil. It’s so tasty and tender the meat literally falls off the bone.
Gluten Free Chicken And Broccoli Stir Fry – This gluten free chicken and broccoli is easy to make at home but tastes just like a restaurant-quality dish. It goes from stovetop to table in 30 minutes.
Gluten Free Chicken Piccata – This Italian favorite is easy enough for a weeknight meal and elegant enough to serve to company.
One-Pan Chicken And Peppers
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 russet potatoes peeled and cut
- 1 large onion cut into chunks
- 3 bell peppers sliced (I used red, green, and yellow for a colorful dish)
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil + 1 Tablespoon to drizzle over chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- parsley to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and garlic powder. Toss the potatoes, onions, and peppers with the oil mixture and transfer to a roasting pan. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Tuck the chicken thighs into the pan with the vegetables. Scatter chopped garlic among the chicken. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the chicken and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place pan in the oven for 40 - 50 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, rotate the pan. When the chicken juices run clear when pierced, your one pan meal is ready to enjoy.