Gluten free turkey picadillo is a super easy, sweet and savory meal!
Years ago when my children were small, we were at the park with some friends. The conversation turned to what we would make for dinner that night. One friend said, “I know what you can make: Picadillo.” I quickly jotted down the ingredients. It’s always fun to try something new especially when it’s quick and easy.
This recipe is lighter than the traditional beef or pork style because it is made with lean ground turkey. The name comes from the Spanish word picar, which means to mince or to chop.
Today, I tried Schar Gluten Free Multigrain Penne Rigate, but I prefer our picadillo over Schar Naturally Gluten Free Penne Rigate (spanish macaroni). It’s less grainy. You may choose to serve with traditional beans and rice or tucked into a gluten free corn taco.
Now you can make a homemade sauce or you can use your favorite gluten free sauce from a jar. Prego says it is gluten free right on the label.
If you’re going to make homemade sauce, do that an hour before starting your picadillo and simmer it on the back burner of your stove.
Ready to make turkey picadillo? Let’s go.
How To Make Gluten Free Turkey Picadillo
*Free printable recipe card is available at the end of the post.
What do you think of my friend’s recipe? What do you include in your picadillo? Diced potatoes? Garlic? Cumin? Leave me a comment. I’d love to know.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Gluten-Free Classic Italian Lasagna (Step by step guide with lots of photos and tips!)
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Turkey Picadillo
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain, rinse and set aside.
- Cook ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat, breaking up with a spatula for 3 minutes. Add onion, salt, and green pepper and cook for 8 minutes. Add marinara sauce, olives, and raisins.
- Simmer, partially covered for 15 minutes until heated through. Add gluten free penne rigate to mixture and stir.
- How To Cook Bacon In The Oven - July 24, 2019
- Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb) - May 21, 2019
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019