Years ago when my children were small, we were at the park with some friends. The conversation turned to what we would make for dinner that night. One friend said, “I know what you can make: Picadillo.” I quickly jotted down the ingredients. It’s always fun to try something new especially when it’s quick and easy.
This recipe is lighter than the traditional beef or pork style because it is made with lean ground turkey. The name comes from the Spanish word picar, which means to mince or to chop.
Today, I tried Schar Gluten Free Multigrain Penne Rigate , but I prefer our picadillo over Schar Naturally Gluten Free Penne Rigate (spanish macaroni). It is less grainy. You may choose to serve with traditional beans and rice or tucked into a gluten free corn taco.
Gluten free turkey picadillo is a sweet and savory meal your whole family will love.
What do you think of my friend’s recipe? What do you include in your picadillo? Diced potatoes? Garlic? Cumin? Leave a comment below.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
Gluten Free Turkey Picadillo
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain, rinse and set aside.
- Cook ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat, breaking up with a spatula for 3 minutes. Add onion, salt, and green pepper and cook for 8 minutes. Add marinara sauce, olives, and raisins.
- Simmer, partially covered for 15 minutes until heated through. Add gluten free penne rigate to mixture and stir.
- Cheesy Cauliflower With Ham Casserole (Low-Carb) - May 21, 2019
- Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu - April 25, 2019
- Low-Carb Meatballs In Smoked Paprika Sauce - April 1, 2019
- How My Morning Routine Gives Me a Healthy Start to the Day - March 25, 2019
- Tastiest Low-Carb Keto Stuffed Cabbage - February 28, 2019