It’s summertime which means time for a new recipe. This recipe is sure to be one of the favorite dishes at your next summer picnic!
Recently, I purchased pork tenderloin at the supermarket. Sautéed, sliced pork tenderloin has always been a favorite in our house. However, it’s a dish that we eat often, and I knew we would all enjoy a new twist on our old favorite.
I searched through some recipes on the internet, considering gluten free ingredients and the spices that my family preferred, and I came up with a new recipe: Country Fair Pork!
I butterflied the tenderloin, marinated them in a mix of seven spices, then dredged them in flour and gently fried them on each side.
Why the name Country Fair Pork? Because when John tasted this new dish, he exclaimed,
“This tastes like something we would get at the country fair!”
I hope you enjoy my country fair pork when you want to spice things up a bit.
Love pork? Try one of these recipes
Keto Pork Tenderloin Crispy Bite: pork tenderloin slices are coated with ground pork rinds for an amazing panko crust. Includes cooking video!
Pork Tenderloin Cordon Bleu: In this recipe, pork tenderloin is stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, tender roasted to perfection, and smothered in a creamy cordon bleu sauce. Yum.
Gluten Free Country Fair Fried Pork
- Butterfly: There are 2 pork tenderloins in the package. Cut each across into 3 pieces. Then butterfly each piece by making a lengthwise cut along the vertical side. Stop about 1/2 inch through, open and lay flat.
- Sprinkle with spice rub: Combine all seven spices in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on the meat and rub over both sides. Let meat marinate for 1/2 hour in the refrigerator.
- Dredge in flour and fry: Heat oil in a skillet over a medium-high heat. Dredge each tenderloin piece in flour and fry in batches about 4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Prepare gravy: Drain all but 2 tablespoons of oil from the skillet. Add milk and heat to low boil. Scrape up browned bits from the bottom of skillet as gravy thickens. Pour over pork.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies - November 30, 2021
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (Gluten Free) - November 19, 2021
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Egg Free) - November 5, 2021
- Spoon Bread Recipe With Rosemary And Bacon - July 14, 2021
- Country Style Pork Ribs In The Oven (Low Carb) - May 4, 2021